Learn how to change 2D layers into 3D layers, and how to gain perspective of the positioning by utilizing the 3D overlay controls.
- [Instructor] In my many years of teaching,…I've noticed that people tend to freak out…the first time they hear the words 3D.…And I'm here to tell you that in Motion,…there's no need to freak out.…There are a number of different options…that become available to you…once an object is switched to exist in 3D space.…And honestly, those options just give you…a lot more creative control over your projects.…It doesn't have to be scary.…So, let's get started,…and I'll show you exactly what I'm talking about.…
If we look at our project here,…you'll notice I have two main groups.…I have a logo group, and a background group.…And this icon on the right side of the layer…lets me know that these layers exist in 2D space.…Let's say for this logo here, I click on this shape.…These three planes let me know…that these objects now live in 3D space.…And it doesn't really look like much has changed.…In fact, if I click on the logo group,…notice the control handles are exactly the same.…
So, let's go ahead and just click on that,…enable 3D one more time to disable 3D.…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.