Learn how the anchor point controls a layer as we position, rotate, and scale objects in the canvas.
- [Voiceover] This is going to be one of those videos…where we focus on the nuts and bolts…of how things function inside of Motion.…So rather than getting distracted…about how to build something specifically,…I just kind of want you to watch and take in…all the different little tips and tricks…I'm going to show you about how to…position and manipulate layers in a Motion project.…So if we look at our project,…you'll notice I have three groups.…And actually at the top I have this project here,…which if I click on this word 'project,'…it'll show me in the Inspector, my project settings.…
So this will so me the duration of project,…whether it's in time-code or frames,…all those kinds of things, right?…But if I come down here to my next group,…you'll see I get, well, these kinds of things.…And this is kind of abstract right now,…so let's go ahead and click on the Logo group.…In the Logo group, if I open that up…you can see I've got other groups,…I've got Logo-in, and I have Text.…Now, so I can see what it is I'm working on,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.