Learn how to build a single lower-third graphic with a drop zone and editable type, which gives you the ability to create customized variations of that graphic in future projects.
- [Instructor] If you find yourself…building the same project over and over again,…you might want to consider creating a template.…A template is a project that has animation.…But there are certain elements within the project…that you can, basically call out and make hot swappable.…So you can just easily add different versions quickly…without having to rebuild the entire project…every single time.…Now in Motion you can create…two different kinds of templates.…You can create Motion templates,…for use in Motion projects.…
But you can also create templates for use…inside of Final Cut projects that will allow you…to change things like graphics and type…without necessarily having to go back…into a Motion project.…Now in this video we're going to focus specifically…on a Motion template.…If we look at our project you can see…I've already built a lower third graphic here.…And I have two groups.…I have a lower third group and a background video group.…Let's expand the options for our lower third group…and you can see I have a group of type elements,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphics (2011)with Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.