Learn how to create shapes, rectangles, ellipses, and lines using shape layers.
- [Voiceover] You can create shapes right inside of Motion…using a couple of different tools,…and each tool is aptly named.…For example, if we go ahead and move our mouse to…the middle of our interface here,…you can see these are a bunch of different create tools.…In the leftmost one here,…notices there's kind of a rectangular looking box with…an arrow next to it, so if I click and hold here,…you can see if I want to create a shape called a rectangle,…it is the rectangle tool,…so of course if I want to create something that's circular,…it's the circle tool, and you understand, okay?…So here, I'm going to go ahead and create a rectangle…and we're going to go ahead and create a lower third,…so this is a graphic that appears in…the lower one third area of the scene.…
So here, I'm going to create the rectangle,…so once I've actually clicked on that rectangle object,…I can go ahead and hover over my canvas here…and if I click and drag to the right starting from the left,…I can create this rectangular shape, okay?…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.