Learn how to define and create a particle system from scratch with a sprite from the Library.
- [Instructor] If I had to pick one and only one reason…I love using Apple Motion,…it has to do with particle systems.…Let me show you what I mean.…If we look at our project here you can see I just have…a blank project where I've renamed the main group layer…here Particles.…Now if we browse in the Library panel there is a section…called Particle Emitters, and just to give you an idea…of the things that we can create I want to browse…through some of the presets.…If I click this top preset here Afterburner, see how…it creates this beautiful flowing graphic?…I could scroll down here and choose something else,…let me scroll down and choose Big Blast.…
It could allow you to create things like explosions…or Big Rain, it can create rain.…You could also create more graphic things…like this Bar Weave thing okay.…thing okay.…and to do that, we'll start in the Library here and scroll…down to the Content folder.…Okay now in the Content folder, I want you to browse…down to the Particle Images folder.…Here if we scroll through you can see there are a ton…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.