Use the alpha channel of one graphic element to create transparency in the other layer.
- [Narrator] Up until this point,…we've been using mask shapes to actually determine…the transparency of layers within our Motion projects,…but in this example, we're actually going to use…what's called an object mask,…which basically means we could use the transparency…of one layer to determine the transparency of another layer.…So, to better understand how these…different methods of masking are different,…is to actually apply both kinds of masks.…So I want you to go down to the timeline here,…and just scrub the play head back until you see…the letters INC move up underneath the words kinetEco.…
I want these letters to be transparent here,…and then slide out from underneath of kinetEco.…So to do that what I'll do is select the INC layer here…in my Layers panel and with that layer selected…I'm going to go ahead and go over to my Mask tools, over here.…My Mask shapes, and I'll click and hold,…and I'll choose the Rectangle Mask shape.…And I'll draw a rectangle right around the letters INC.…So if you see now, the letters INC are inside the mask,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.