Learn how to enable and adjust depth of field on cameras and reference the visual guides shown in the canvas.
- [Instructor] Depth of field refers to the amount…of image that's actually going to be in focus,…and it's controlled through the use of cameras.…So the first thing I want to do…is add a camera into our project.…So let's go up to the Add Object button and choose Camera.…With our camera now added to the scene,…I want to go to the upper left corner of our canvas…and view the Perspective view.…So, let's go to our controls here in the upper right corner…and dolly back in the scene…and just orbit around just a little bit…and then click in the mini timeline to scrub…through our project.…
And here you can see I actually have…a transition layer that is in z space, closer to the camera,…and then I have my logo which is actually…moving towards the camera.…So, I want this logo to go in and out of focus…as it's moving through the scene.…So, in order to change the depth of field,…I want to first start by changing my view…from Perspective to the Top view.…
In the Top view, notice I have the yellow lines…which give me the angle of view of my camera…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphics (2011)with Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.