We place our green-screen footage into a circle by cutting away the extra unwanted parts of the video clip using a circle mask.
- [Instructor] Masking is the process…of isolating specific parts…of a video clip, graphic, or layer.…Now, in this example,…we're going to mask using a mask shape,…but you can also create custom shapes…using the Bezier tool here.…Now, if we look at our project,…let's go ahead and open up the Layers panel here,…and press F6 to hide the timeline.…If you notice,…I have a lot of different groups of elements here,…and if we scrub through,…you can see I've got kind of a talking head…over here on the left side,…and then we have this animated graphic,…and we'll be creating this whole section here…a little while later using replicators.…
But for now, I want to actually put this talking head…inside the circle graphic that we've already created.…So, you can create shapes by coming down here…to the Create tool and clicking and holding,…and you know,…we've seen these are the shapes we can create.…But if you go all the way to the right side…of these shapes and click and hold,…these are mask tools that function…exactly like the shape tools,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.