Create true 3D text with actual z-depth and beveled edges.
- [Narrator] Creating 3D text and motion…gives you the ability…to actually have true 3D geometry with Z depth,…lights, and materials, the whole nine.…That's what we're going to do in this project,…add some 3D type.…So to do that, let's go down to our Text tool,…and just click once to grab it,…and then hover over the middle of our canvas,…and just click once again to start adding our type.…Now I'm going to type in all caps the words SOLAR on one line,…and I'll press Return,…and I'll type POWER on the other,…and I'll press Enter on my keypad to set my type.…
I could also just go ahead and grab my Transform tool.…Now, with my text layer selected,…I'll go to the Inspector here,…and under the Format section of my text,…I'll go ahead and click and drag…on the size of the number for my text,…and we'll go ahead and drag it up…to something nice and large like 450.…Now let's make our text center aligned,…and we'll tighten up the space…by dragging the line spacing to the left.…Even though the slider stops here,…we can just hover over the number,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.