Understand how generators work by building a flowing graphic background.
- [Instructor] Generators are really one of my…most favorite tools to use inside of a Motion project.…Whether you're trying to create something…relatively simple like a grid or a gradient,…or something more complicated…like abstract flowing graphics,…generators are the answer.…Now, if we look in our project,…you'll notice I have a ton of layers here,…and there are quite a few things…that I haven't quite covered yet in this course,…but that's okay.…Let me break things down.…I just want to focus on the Layers panel,…so let's start by pressing F6 to hide my timeline.…
Now, I'm just going to make my Layers panel…a little larger, so we can read some more…of the text in the Layers panel.…So, first thing, there are actually…two generators being used to create this graph.…Now I'm going to come down and press the Play button here…to begin playback, and you'll notice…I have a line that's moving across…this background grid, and I have a number that's changing.…Now, I'll go ahead and press the spacebar…to stop playback, and I'll move the playhead…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.