Learn how to find behaviors, preview them, and apply them to elements in your project.
- [Narrator] Motion is a rather unique application…in that the primary method for creating animation…is through the use of some sophisticated simulation…and animation effects known as behaviors.…Now, I want you to look in the library's panel…so we can actually go to the behaviors section…and browse through some of the behaviors…before we start applying them to our project.…So first thing, make sure you have Behaviors selected…in the Libraries panel.…And then go to Basic Motion.…
Down here, there are a bunch of different behaviors…you can scroll up and down to check out.…I want you to just go ahead and click on the Move behavior.…And notice, it gives me a preview up here.…It moves an object to or from a specific position…in 3D space, which is kind of cool.…If we scroll down a little further down to the bottom,…I could choose Throw.…And Throw may appear to be the same thing,…but it's not.…It allows you to actually push an object…in a specified direction.…
So when you actually start playing with behaviors,…you may want to apply one and then apply another…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.