Understand the difference between applying type behaviors and adding behaviors to a layer overall.
- [Instructor] When it comes to animating type…inside of Motion, I like to use behaviors,…and there are two different kinds of behaviors we can use.…We can use typical behaviors that you would apply…to a layer, and then more specifically,…we can use text behaviors,…which text behaviors allow you to do things…like actually animate each individual character…within a text layer.…Now, in order to focus specifically…on our text layers, let's press F6…to hide the timeline, and then go to…the Layers panel here and open up…the Type group, and in here,…I want you to notice we have two text layers.…
This top one here happens to be…the Renewable Energy Expert title,…and the next one is the name.…Here, I'll make the layer a little larger…so you can see the Sarah layer.…So let's make sure we have the Sarah layer active,…and I want to apply an overall behavior,…so with Sarah layer selected,…go up to the Behaviors, click on the pull-down,…and go to Basic Motion, Fade In/Fade Out.…Notice the behavior is applied over…the entire duration of the project,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.