You can add video into Motion by using the Import button or by dragging and dropping the files directly from the Finder into Motion.
- [Instructor] There are two things you need to remember…whenever adding assets into a Motion project.…First and foremost, external footage, like video,…lives externally.…When you import footage into a Motion project…it's not going to be embedded…within the actual project file.…You need to keep track of it on your hard drive.…It pays to keep things organized.…The second thing you need to understand,…Motion supports traditional Apple methods…for working with files.…What I mean by that is the fact that you can actually…drag and drop files straight from the Finder…directly into your Motion projects.…
In this video, we're going to utilize…the handy-dandy Import button,…which is in the upper-left portion of the interface.…Let's go ahead and click on the Import button.…I want to import some background video.…Let's navigate to your Exercise Files folder.…Mine is saved on the desktop.…Then I want you to go into the Media folder…and in here, we need to go to the Video folder.…Sure enough, there's my Background video.…If we go ahead and click Import,…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.