Understand the various kinds of lights you can add to a project to both illuminate graphics in 3D space and cast shadows between layers.
- [Instructor] In addition to having the ability…to make 2D layers exist in 3D space,…you can also affect those layers with lights.…And when you add lights into the scene,…you can do things like cast shadows or…control the illumination of each of the different layers.…So to show you how this works.…Let's start by actually pressing F6…on our keyboard to hide the timeline…and then go up under the Add Object button here,…and let's add a Light into the scene.…
Notice we could add a Light Setup as well,…but we'll get to that later.…Let's start by adding a Light into the scene.…Notice the second I do that, I'm asked if…I want to switch all my layers to 3D and that's because…none of these layer groups exist in 3D space.…So I'll go ahead and switch them to 3D.…So now a light's been added to…the top of my layer hierarchy.…In here you can see I've got my logo and background layer.…If you ever want layers to ignore lights,…you can easily just switch the layer back into 2D space…by clicking on the icon here to go ahead…and switch the background back into 2D space.…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphics (2011)with Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.