Learn how to create 2D type, change fonts, and set type.
- [Instructor] Animating type is one of the primary reasons…why people start learning about Motion in the first place.…Now even though there are some…great titling options in Final Cut Pro,…if you really want to create some detailed,…engaging motion graphics,…you'll want to create your animated type…right here in the Motion project.…Now, for this video specifically,…we're not going to focus on the animation part,…but more importantly, we're going to focus on…just how to add type into a project.…Now, before we do that,…I want to break down how this project is built…so we can look at some of the different elements…and then we'll go ahead and add our text.…
So if we look in the Layers panel here,…and you can press F5 on your keyboard to open that up…and just make sure you're in the Layers panel here.…You'll notice I have a Video group.…If I open up that group, you can see,…I've got my background video here.…So let's make sure that's collapsed,…and we can go over here on the right and click on this lock,…which will lock this out…
- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
Motion: Principles of Motion Graphicswith Ian Robinson3h 43m Intermediate
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.