Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Premiere Pro to make looping backgrounds, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] We just took a look at…using After Effects to create a composite,…but we can do similar things…directly inside of Premiere Pro.…Let's just build a new background here.…I'll do this by dragging a few layers in.…Let's make this a little bit bigger.…And you see that we have all of the different pieces.…Let's start with this one here.…And I'll drag that in.…It makes a new comp.…
Let's add another layer.…And one more.…Now you might notice that it…drops the audio tracks down below.…And I don't really need those.…So I'll hold down the option or the alt key,…lasso around them, and press delete.…You can also right click and choose to delete tracks,…and simply tell it to delete all empty audio tracks.…
And that will leave just one behind.…Now you'll see in this case that…the layers are all in there,…but they're all different durations.…Well no big deal, let's just go forward a little bit,…and we'll take a look at these,…we'll make sure that they start clean.…There's that first one, looks good.…Here's the next one, that's fine.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.