Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Final Cut Pro X to make looping backgrounds, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] I wanted to step out into another NLE…to show you how these tools are essentially universal.…In this case, I've imported the media into a new collection…and these are the same background loops…that we were looking at before.…You can easily step through and view them,…and you can get a pretty good idea of the different clips.…Well what we're going to do is combine these.…Easy enough, we just need to drop this into a new project.…So I'll take this and click new project,…and lets give it a name.…
We're going to put this into the same event,…I'll call this background one.…Now we can assign a resolution to it,…in this case I'm going with 1080.…And we're working with 29.97 source material.…I'll stick with the Apple ProRes codec, and choose okay.…Now we can start to put media in.…So I'll just drag a clip down here into the timeline,…and if I press play, you'll see that plays back.…
This is a pretty subtle moving clip.…Little bit of focus, that's okay.…Let's try a different one.…I like this one, I'll drop that in.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.