Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming using looping points, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] You might remember while shooting,…we actually used a turntable and a mark…to call out the loop point.…Let's take a look at it here.…I've opened up a new version of the project file…that has some of the media more organized,…and I've even named the rest of the clips…to make it a bit simpler.…Let's open up this clip called Flat Spin…from the Background 4 folder.…Now, I want to switch over to view the audio waveform.…To do this, just click on the waveform.…
You'll notice that we actually have audio here.…Let's have a quick listen.…- [Narrator] Start.…- [Instructor] That looks pretty good right about there.…And we'll go to the out point.…- [Narrator] Stop.…- [Instructor] And right about there.…Now, these aren't going to be exact,…but it gets us in the ballpark.…Let's go back to the video track here…and have a look.…I'll press Shift + I to go to my endpoint,…and Shift + O, and I can see that they're pretty close.…
We'll move forward a little bit here,…step in one frame at a time, mark an in,…and go to the out point.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.