Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming the slop with subclips, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Narrator] Once you've made initial selections,…I recommend going into a non linear editing tool.…In this case I'm going to use Adobe Premier Pro…but you can use any editing tool at your disposal.…I'll bring the media in using the media browser.…You can select the media browser tab and then…navigate to where you've copied the exercise files.…I've stored mine on my desktop.…And simply bring in the folder labeled background source.…
This 'll add them to your project.…Inside the project I now have a bin with all the footage.…If I open this up,…you'll see all the information.…Additionally those ratings that were applied…can be viewed as meta data.…I can right click here and chose meta data display…and search for rating.…I'll enable that and click okay.…
I can drag that column over…to make it a little easier to see…and click on the column to sort.…You'll see there that the top rated images move to the top.…Let's make a couple bins to get organized here.…I like to cut through the clutter and use bins to…really keep things sorted logically.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.