Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering the background, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick overview…of how to Render in After Effects.…Remember, you'll find a full length course on…essential training for After Effects…available in the online library.…You can go much deeper there, if you need to.…Let's choose these four backgrounds here.…I'll do that by shift clicking.…And I can say composition, add to render queue.…That puts all four comps into the render queue.…
Let's mouse over that area and press…the accent grave key to maximize the panel.…You'll see that this contains the settings,…as well as the output path.…You've got the ability here to easily adjust…the render settings and the output module.…You'll notice lots of options,…but it's actually pretty straightforward.…First up is the overall render setting.…Now you can choose to render things out,…and by default it's going to say best settings.…
If I click on this, you can see that…this involves best quality with full resolution,…and that it's going to render things out.…Field rendering is also turned off,…so it's going to be a progressive file.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.