Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Prepping footage for After Effects, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] With Premiere Pro and After Effects,…you have great flexibility to move things…between the two platforms.…In fact, you can even copy and paste.…Let's open up this project here…and maximize the bin, and you'll see…we have several items.…Now in this case, each of these…has been placed into its own subsequence.…You could do this by dragging the subclip…onto the new item.…The reason why I'm doing this is it's going to…make it easy to move things across.…
For example, if I open up this subsequence,…you'll see that it has just the video track.…This is going to allow me to pull over…just that material that I've subclipped,…and it won't bring anything more.…All right, let's maximize that window,…and we'll just lasso all of the subsequences.…There we go.…This is going to make it a little bit easier to media manage.…
I'll choose Copy.…Switch back to After Effects, and Paste.…You'll see that it brings all of those in,…plus the media.…Now, feel free to organize things…with bins as you'd like, but you'll notice…if you step through here,…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Intermediate
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.