Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Looping the background, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] Now that we've got all the initial elements…loaded into a composition,…it's time to create a loop point.…Let's simplify things down here a little bit.…And open this up.…Now let's go ahead and rename this.…So with the sequence selected,…I'll choose composition, composition settings.…The shortcut is command or control k.…I'm going to rename this source,…and I think I'm going to make a 30 second looping background.…
So I've changed my mind,…so I'll need to increase this duration here…to 3500, for 35 seconds.…And click okay.…Once I do that, it's important to drag this out,…and see if the layers are long enough.…And in this case, they're running just a little bit short.…So you've got a couple of choices.…You can decide to either go with…the shorter composition, or stretch things.…In this case I'll just slow things down a little bit.…We'll stretch this to 120 percent.…
And let's stretch this one as well.…And you see that they now have a longer duration.…Let's press play.…Things still look smooth.…So that seems to be working well.…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.