Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Coloring the background, part of Practical Motion Background Workshop.
- [Instructor] Let's stylize this background a bit.…To do this, I'll take advantage of adjustment layers.…Now, one of the first things I like to do…is bloom things out a little bit.…So let's add new Adjustment Layer, and then,…over in Effects & Presets, I'll type in the word fast.…And I'll drag the Radial Fast Blur onto that layer.…Now, in this case I could adjust the amount.…That looks pretty good, but let's…actually change the blending mode.…
I like something like Soft Light…or Overlay to make this a bit gentler.…That's lookin' really good.…If I toggle that off and on, you see…how it softens the the image and creates a nice, warm glow.…Let's preview a few seconds of that.…That's lookin' pretty good.…What I'd like to do now is apply some color.…Now, there are many different ways of doing this.…One method is to simply add a new Solid.…This will allow you to choose a color…and place it into the project.…
You can make that the composition size…and click OK, and then just use different blending modes.…For example, something gentle, like Hue,…
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is proud to host this content in our library.
- Selecting a camera
- Using a turntable to rotate your subject while you film
- Lighting the scene
- Choosing a frame rate
- Creating dancing shadows
- Shooting "through" objects
- Making a loop
- Building the composition
- Retiming clips
- Rendering the background
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
1. The Technique in Brief
2. Gathering Source Materials
3. Set the Stage
4. Shooting Techniques
5. Get Organized for Post
6. Creating Backgrounds with Adobe After Effects
7. Creating Backgrounds in a Nonlinear Editing Tool
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.