Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with gradebook categories and items, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- In the last video about the grade book,…I describe two types of grade items.…They can be either Moodle activities that have grades…or items you add manually to the grade book.…Now it's time to see how…to add grade items manually…and manage grade book categories.…To get started, I'll go to the Administration block…and click the Grades link.…The grade book could end up…as one giant list of grade items…so Moodle allows you to organize…these items into categories.…First I'll click the Setup tab…and then the Categories and items tab under Setup.…
You probably already have categories on your syllabus.…For example, you might have categories…for things like class participation,…written assignments, tests and team projects.…For my class the categories are based…on weekly modules which I call Quests.…Let's take a look.…Scroll down to that part of my syllabus…and you can see I have Quests.…Back in Moodle, as you can see…folders are the visual metaphors for categories.…
There's a category folder for the entire Course.…Then you add a category,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.