This course is relevant to anyone who will be using version 3.6 of the Moodle learning management system to teach a course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
- [Instructor] There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is for anyone who plans to use the Moodle learning management system. I'll be going over the basic features of Moodle, to help you get your course up and running. However, we won't be covering all of Moodle's advance features. It's important to note that Moodle is and open source software that needs to be uploaded and installed on a server. This course will not cover these administrative features of Moodle. If this is something that you'd like to learn more about I suggest checking out the course titled, Moodle Administration Essential Training, which is in our library. One other important thing that I'd like to point out, is that Moodle is a highly customizable platform. It's likely that your system administrator has customized or branded the platform for your specific institution or organization. For this reason, your Moodle account may look slightly different than mine. However, the features and functions that we're going over will still be relevant. If for some reason you don't have access to one or some of these features, talk to your system administrator to see if they can enable them.
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.