This course is relevant to anyone who will be using version 3.6 of the Moodle learning management system to teach a course. There are no prerequisites for this course.
- [Instructor] There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is for anyone who plans to use the Moodle learning management system. I'll be going over the basic features of Moodle, to help you get your course up and running. However, we won't be covering all of Moodle's advance features. It's important to note that Moodle is and open source software that needs to be uploaded and installed on a server. This course will not cover these administrative features of Moodle. If this is something that you'd like to learn more about I suggest checking out the course titled, Moodle Administration Essential Training, which is in our library. One other important thing that I'd like to point out, is that Moodle is a highly customizable platform. It's likely that your system administrator has customized or branded the platform for your specific institution or organization. For this reason, your Moodle account may look slightly different than mine. However, the features and functions that we're going over will still be relevant. If for some reason you don't have access to one or some of these features, talk to your system administrator to see if they can enable them.
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.