Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- There are no prerequisites to participate in this course. However, you'll need access to the internet, and a Moodle course shell, where you have the role and permission level of a teacher. This lynda.com course is designed to support you in two ways. Some of you may be feeling non-linear. If you have specific tasks that you want to achieve in Moodle, then you can search for and jump right to those videos. On the other hand, this lynda.com course is set up to take you through a logical progression that parallels your work, starting before an academic term begins, and finishing after that academic term is over.
So, if you're starting mostly from scratch, then you can go through the videos in order. In either case, keep in mind that the videos cover a lot of options, but you may want to know even more about Moodle. I'll show you how to find more details about specific settings and features, using Moodle's in-line help. Also, there will be a Moodle Advanced Techniques course if you want more strategies for teaching with Moodle, beyond what you learn here. By the end of the course, you'll have a seen a wide variety of techniques for using Moodle.
I hope you'll feel ready to visit the Moodle community and share how you've adapted what you learned for your students in context.
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.