Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is the display language that goes hand in hand with HTML. In this video, learn the basics of how to create custom CSS rules to format your HTML pages to look the way you want. CSS gives you an incredible amount of control over the look of your content. You won't want to miss a single video in this chapter.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…we've been focused on the HTML code…that wraps around our content, creating HTML elements.…But now it's time to shift our focus…to manipulating the look and placement of those elements.…We do that with cascading style sheets or CSS.…CSS is a set of rules that you write to describe…how you want each element on your page to look.…There is no possible way that I can teach you…everything about CSS rules in a single chapter…or even course, for that matter.…
Instead, my hope is that after working through this chapter,…you'll have a better foundation for getting started.…I have syllabus.html open in my editor…and a live preview of the page open in my browser.…There are three ways to add style information to your pages:…inline with the style attribute inside of any HTML tag;…inside of a style tag;…or externally, in a dedicated style sheet.…We'll look at inline styles…and external style sheets in later movies.…
Inside of the head of this page,…create an opening and closing style tag.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.