Leverage themes with the Moodle LMS and tackle basic branding for your site. Learn how to install and create custom themes that enhance the look and feel of your Moodle site.
- I'm Chris Mattia and I've been teaching teachers how to improve teaching and learning with technology for over 20 years. I'm here to show you the simple, straight-forward steps that you can take to improve the learning experience for your students using Moodle themes. In this course, we'll begin by developing a basic understanding of Moodle themes. Then, we'll take a simple, three-step approach to improving the look of your institution's Moodle site. We'll look at applying basic branding to your site and use the built-in settings to begin the customization process.
We'll explore, download and install free custom themes that will dramatically improve the look and feel of your Moodle site. Then, I'll show you how to create your own unique, custom theme from scratch. And I'll show you how to create a child theme. We're going to customize the site's CSS then the HTML layouts using PHP and, finally, I'll show you how to swap out the default icons and pictures with your own custom images. We have a lot to cover so let's dive in to Moodle themes.
- Installing Moodle
- Setting preferences for working with themes
- Customizing theme settings
- Installing themes
- Creating custom theme CSS rules
- Customizing theme layouts