Learn how to use HTML and CSS to customize online learning materials. This course shows how you can use and modify HTML code to format text, embed media, link to other pages, and more.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Chris Mattia. HTML is the ubiquitous foundation that the entire web is built on. In this course, we're going to cover all the core concepts and skills that everyone must know. We'll begin by covering the basics of HTML and establish a firm foundation of best practices. Then, we'll dive into the code beginning with the three core coding skills everyone must know; formatting text, leveraging links, and integrating images into your pages. Next, you'll learn how to seamlessly integrate media from YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud as well as create custom Google Maps in a mobile friendly and responsive way.
We'll then tackle one of the most challenging yet rewarding topics and that is making the pages of your website and even your LMS pages look great by writing your own custom CSS. We wrap up the course by setting up your own web infrastructure that you can use to practice you new skills on. We have a lot to cover. If you're a K12 or university teacher, a corporate trainer, or a student at any level, you won't want to miss a single movie of this course. Let's get started.
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.