Learn everything you need to know to create engaging online classes for all levels of learners with Moodle 3.0, the free open-source learning management system.
- Hello, I'm Oliver Schinkten. Welcome to Moodle 3.0 Essential Training. In this video series we'll explore the features and functions of the learning management system Moodle by creating an online communications course that will engage students by allowing them to access resources, submit work, take assessments, and learn essential digital literacy skills. We'll explore how to start with a blank course shell and then customize it for our specific course by adjusting the look and layout, adding resources and activities, and giving students feedback.
We will look at classroom best practices to help you get the most from an online learning management system. Let's go ahead and dive into the course that we'll be creating on Moodle 3.0
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.