The Moodle learning management system allows you to choose between the Atto text editor and the TinyMCE editor. Both are powerful text editors that allow you to improve the appearance of your course and customize the material you post for students. The upgrade to Moodle 3.0 includes some added features to the Atto text editor, including the added equation functions and the ability to customize tables.
- [Voiceover] In this video…I want to briefly introduce the ATTO text editor…which you can use in Moodle.…Now in the upper right hand corner of my account…I'm going to click on the drop down menu.…And from here I'll again select Preferences.…Inside of here there is an option for Editor Preferences.…I'm going to select that.…And now we have the option to select…the text editor that we'd like to use.…You can select the ATTO HTML editor…the TinyMCE HTML editor…or just the plain text area.…
Now the ATTO and TinyMCE editors…are both very powerful.…I prefer the ATTO editor…which was made for Moodle.…I'll click on Save Changes.…And now that will be…the text editor used for my Moodle account.…So let's take a look at how it works.…I'm going to navigate to…just a random place on my account…but I need to enter in some text.…So go here under the latest news block…click on Add a new topic…and down here where we would enter in our message…is our text editor.…
Now the style of text editor…will likely be familiar to you already.…But I want to make sure you understand…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.