Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the in-line help system, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- Let's finish our tour of this sample course…I've set up with a quick introduction…to Moolde's inline help.…It's a valuable source of support…as you get ready to work with Moodle.…No matter what you're doing,…changing the course settings,…adding a new resource,…editing an activity,…or anything else,…Moodle provides inline help.…Let me show you how it works.…We can see a Help icon in the Search Forums block…at the top of the right column.…The icon looks like a question mark inside a circle.…When I click the Help icon,…a popup window appears with context-specific help…about the Search Forums block.…
Inline means you don't have to go anywhere…to find help.…It's right on the screen where you're working…on every line that might need explanation.…If you don't know what the setting does,…just click that setting's Help icon to find out.…When you're finished, click the X to close it.…That's all there is to it.…As we go through this course,…just remember that Moodle's inline help…is just a click away to support you…as you practice what you learn.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.