Headings create an outline of content for your HTML pages. Learn about the heading tags and how to semantically use them to organize the content in your HTML pages.
- [Instructor] When you were first learning to write,…what was one of the first things your teacher told you…to do to organize your thoughts for that paper?…That's right, start with an outline…and then use that outline to establish the logical flow…of your thoughts for the paper.…The tool to use in HTML for outlining the structure…of your content on a page or within a section…are the heading elements, commonly referred to…as the h tags with heading numbers,…so they would be h1, h2, and so forth.…
They follow most of the same rules that you're already…familiar with for creating outlines for papers.…To help illustrate this, have unit01.html open…in brackets and I'll click the Live Preview button…here on the sidebar, so that it'll open up our page…in our browser and we can see a live preview…as we're writing our tags.…Let's use the heading tags to outline the information…on this page and convey the level of importance…for each part of the page to our learners.…
Let's start with the name of the page,…since this tells the students what unit the content…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.