Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- If you're a Lynda.com premium member, I've provided you with some exercise files for this course. I highly recommend that you download them onto your desktop like I have here. When you open them up, you'll see that you have a few files here like .csv files for populating users and course shells. I've also included an HTML file with some HTML code snippets. If you're not a premium member, feel free to just create your own data as you follow along with the course.
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.