Did you know you can create a custom Google map that you can embed in your pages? This is a great way to add interactive activities for your learners directly to any page.
- [Man] So far in this chapter we've looked at…adding media files for our learners to consume…but you can embed content that your learners…can interact with as well.…In this example we'll embed a custom Google map…in an iframe on our page.…Let's begin on maps.google.com.…And the first thing we need to do is to define…the region for our map.…I'd like to add a map that shows Turneffe Atoll…in relationship to Belize City and Lighthouse Reef.…I'm already zoomed out far enough to see…the entire United States and you can use…the plus and minus tools to zoom in or out.…
Or you can simply double click on an area of the map…and zoom in.…So I'll start to zoom in here on Central America,…drag up a little bit, zoom in a little further…on the Yucatan Peninsula, and then we want to…zoom in on this area that's just offshore of Belize City.…We can start to see the two reefs.…If you need to you can zoom out just a little bit.…Okay I'm zoomed in to about where I want now.…
Then click on the Earth button in the lower left hand…corner to toggle the modes of your map…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.