- Whether you teach face-to-face,…hybrid, or online classes,…you can use the online environment…to hold virtual office hours.…There are tools you can use outside of Moodle…of course, such as Skype…or Google Plus Hangouts.…But you may want to use a Moodle tool,…like chat.…To get started with the chat tool,…first we have to turn editing on.…I'll use the button in the top right corner to do that.…Next, if I'm gonna make virtual office hours,…I want them where students can see it…front and center.…I'll put them in the Course Information Section.…Scroll down,…and select Add an Activity or Resource…in the bottom right corner.…
From the Activities Menu, I'll select Chat,…and then add the Add Button…at the bottom of the screen.…The name of this chat will be Virtual Office Hours.…You can call yours whatever you like.…Then you can type a short description.…Next, we'll decide when the chat room is open,…if it repeats,…and details about saving the chat sessions.…So I'll expand the Chat Sessions category…so we can do that.…First, we'll set a date and time for the chat.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.