Course blocks allow you to customize your Moodle account and add different features and functions to your course. An important early step in creating a Moodle course, is to determine the look, layout, and functionality by adding and organizing course blocks. Course blocks can be added, deleted, configured and moved around the page.
- In this video, we'll take a look at how we can use blocks…to customize our course page on the Moodle platform.…Right now, I'm on the dashboard…for my 21st Century Communications course.…And on the left-hand side and the right-hand side,…I notice different blocks.…First, on the left I have the Navigation block…and the Administration block.…And on the right I have a Search Forums block,…Upcoming Events, Latest News and Recent Activity.…Now remember that this is the default dashboard…that my site administrator set up.…
You may see something slightly different.…You may see may see different blocks,…you may not see any blocks…other than the Navigation and Administration block.…But in this video, we'll take a look at…how we can add and delete blocks.…And we can get it to look however you'd like.…So first of all, since we are going to be…editing these blocks, and customizing them,…I first want to turn editing on.…So on the right-hand side, I'll click, "Turn editing on."…And when I do, you'll notice some changes.…I have some buttons, such as "Edit," or "Add activities."…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.