The Moodle learning management system provides the opportunity to adjust many different settings, which allows you to customize your course. Take advantage of Moodle's in-line help feature which allows you to click on the question mark icon to learn about different settings, including what they mean and how they can be used.
- One of my favorite features in Moodle…is their inline help.…You'll notice that when we navigate our Moodle page,…you'll often see a circle with a question mark inside of it.…This is Moodle's inline help, and it can be very helpful.…Now, when you click on the question mark,…an explanation of that feature will pop up,…letting you know more about it.…So, in this case I clicked…on the Text Editor preference again,…and if I click on this question mark,…it'll let me know what the different text editors are,…and it will give me some information about them.…
I'm going to back out of here right now,…go to Edit Profile,…and let's see if we can find one here.…So, in other words, the area that says "Description",…if I click on the inline help, it will say,…"This box enables you to enter some text…about yourself, which will then be displayed…on your profile page for others to view."…If I click the "X" I can get rid of it,…down here it has one next to our picture,…just letting us know that…we're able to put a .jpeg or .png file here,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.