Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Moodle text editor, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- Let's continue our tour of this sample course I've set up,…so I can tell you about the text editor.…While you can upload almost any type…of file to your Moodle course,…you can also use a text editor…to add blocks of text, almost anywhere.…For example, on your course homepage,…you can add text passages called labels.…For every activity and resource you create,…there's a description field where you can put instructions…or information for your students.…In this video we'll focus on using Moodle's text editor,…sometimes called the HTML text editor.…
In fact, there are two popular text editors for Moodle,…TinyMCE and ATTO.…ATTO was built specifically for Moodle,…but you can see that 80% of the buttons…between the two text editors are the same.…I'll describe the ATTO text editor in this video,…but you can actually try them both yourself.…In the preferences area of your profile,…you can pick the editor you want to use at any time.…Let's go take a look.…Remember from the last video,…to edit your profile,…go up to your name in the top right corner.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.