The News Forum on the Moodle platform allows you a simple, but effective, way to keep your students informed and up-to-date within your course. Announcements can be added at any time and shared with students. These announcements will appear in the latest news block which each student will have on their course page as well as the ability to send the messages as an email to each student.
- One of the keys to your course…running smoothly will be communication.…Moodle recognizes this and has created…the news forum to help you keep…students updated and informed.…In this video we'll take a look at…how to use the news forum.…When we started out with our blank course shell…we had blocks, we had the default sections,…and we also had the news forum icon…and link towards the top of the page.…This is likely in your default course shell as well…unless your Moodle administrator changed this.…The news forum provides an easy way…to communicate with your entire class…at the same time via an online platform.…
On the dashboard there's a default…block titled LATEST NEWS,…which corresponds to this news forum.…This block will appear on all of your students' accounts,…so any messages that you post…will be visible to your students on the course home page.…We will also have the ability to have…these news forum messages sent…by email to students as well.…Let's go ahead and add a message.…I'll click on the News forum, click on Add a new topic.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.