Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding versions and development releases, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Throughout this course and while using Moodle,…this website is going to be your go to resource, moodle.org.…I think this is a fairly well run site…even compared to some of the most widely used CMS'.…I use most of these talk tabs such as Documentation,…Downloads, and Development quite often for various tasks.…It's tempting to jump straight into Downloading…but the first step we should do before that…is understand what version we're dealing with.…If we click on Development and look a little…lower down under Overview, we'll find Releases.…
By clicking here, we can see all of Moodle's releases.…I must say, there are a lot there…and I'll let you inspect those more closely on your own.…But what we're mostly interested in…in our case are two things.…First, all the way at the bottom, you'll find…a General release calendar which gives you an idea…of the team's release schedule.…You can see that about every half year,…there's a significant release of a decimal number.…For example, moodle 2.7 moving up to 2.8.…In between that, about every couple of months…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.