Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and managing cohorts, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Let's go ahead and create some cohorts.…Cohorts are pretty integral to school systems,…especially in higher education where you have…concurrent programs and registration dates.…As we saw in the last video, a cohort is a group of students…that is either system-wide or is part of a…category of courses, such as, say,…a certificate program at your school.…To create a cohort in Moodle, in the administration block,…I go to Site Administration,…Users, Accounts, and then Cohorts.…Here, we get to the Cohort Management page.…
As you can see, there are a number of tabs at the top.…The first one is System Cohorts, and as we said,…these cohorts are general cohorts.…Under "All Cohorts," you can see not only "System Cohorts"…but ones that belong to a category, as well.…Over to the right, is where you would upload a cohort.…To do this, you would need a CSV file.…In the case of this example, though,…we're just gonna go here, to "Add a New Cohort."…I simply type in the name of the cohort.…In that Context setting, I only have two options:…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.