Learn about extending queries to include sort, limit, and skip. Constrain the results returned by queries. Prettify output.
- [Tutor] We've been working with some simple interactions…with the database, but it's frequently the case,…that you want to customize the output you get.…Let's look at a few examples…to see how you can make it work.…Make sure your Mongo server is running…and start up the Mongo client,…selecting the Learning Mongo database.…To make sure everything is set up correctly,…let's do a clean import into the database,…using the tours.json from the exercise files…directory for this video.…So first, drop the tours collection from the database.…
Switch to your command prompt.…Make sure you're in exercise file directory for this section…and run the Mongo import command.…Db learning mongo file…tours dot json json array.…Great, and back to the Mongo client terminal.…Let's grab all the documents in the collection.…
Alright, as it's been throughout the course,…this is not really formatted and it's hard to parse.…Let's make the return a little bit nicer.…MongoDB supports projections, which allow you to specify…which pieces of the documents you want to see.…
- Installing MongoDB for Windows and OS X
- Why Mongo?
- Document-oriented data
- Exploring the Mongo shell
- Importing data into the database
- Building an application in Node.js
- Tuning Mongo queries
- Replication and sharding
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understand MongoDB
2. Explore the System
3. Build an Application in Node
Node MongoDB setup4m 59s
4. Advanced Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.