- [Voiceover] If you're working with or worried about…a specific student, you can use reporting tools…to track his or her activity and participation.…Similarly, if you want to check on how many students…are referring to a resource, or participating in activity,…you can track activity across your entire class.…Let's start with something basic.…I teach an online class, so I need to know…when students haven't logged in for awhile.…The same is true for students in…face-to-face and hybrid classes,…since you're probably asking them to complete…some assignments in Moodle, right?…To do a quick check, you can just sort the list.…
First, click the "Participants" link in the…People block, on the left-hand side.…I can see that the list is sorted by…"Last access to course" currently.…I can click that again to reverse the…order to see whose never logged in.…You'll probably be the most recent access,…or close to it, may even say, "Now".…You can also filter the list using the…"Inactive for more than" menu.…The number of days or weeks on the list…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.