Learn what to look for in the tools you need to write, test, and publish your HTML code. Explore tools that are free and powerful.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about the tools…that you need to write html.…While you can get by with any plain text editor…to write your code with…and a web browser to test your code,…there are some advantages to using tools…that are specifically designed…for writing, testing, and uploading html.…For writing html,…you want an editor…that's been built specifically for writing and editing html.…Throughout this course,…I'll be using brackets.io as my text editor.…I chose this app because it works very well…for writing html on both Windows and Mac.…
It checks all the boxes of my must have list.…It's got code coloring, code hinting, line numbering,…multi-file search and replace, a built in file browser,…and a flexible code preview and publishing system.…Not to mention it's free.…Next on your list needs to be a collection of web browsers…for testing your page on.…If you're building sites for a class,…then make sure you have the same browsers and devices…that your students will most likely be viewing your site on…so you know what their experience will be like.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.