Where do you want a linked page to open up? In this video, learn how to control where a link will open up, either in the same browser window or frame – take over the current browser window or open in a new tab or window. Learn why you might want to do this.
- Thus far, all the links that we've created…have opened in the same window or tab of our browser,…and this is what we would expect a link to do.…However, when you're creating links to resources…from pages within a campus LMS,…this can be extremely frustrating to students…when who lose track of where they're working…inside of your course once they navigate…away from your page.…In other situations, a link from within your LMS page…may open that link inside of a frame in your LMS.…This can be even more confusing to your learner.…
The URL of the LMS page may not appear to change…but the content nested in the window is changing.…Luckily, there is an easy way for you to fix this.…I'm inside of unit01.html…and there's an instruction for my learner…to set up a site on StateU.org.…I want to force that site to open in a new tab or window…so my learner can easily click back and forth…between the instructions that they need…to follow on this page and the site that they need…to execute those instructions on.…
Let's begin by creating an absolute link to StateU.org.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.