Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Switching roles to see what students see, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- Sometimes, it can be useful to view the course…from another perspective.…For example, a student might report…not being able to see something,…or you might want to try submitting an assignment…or attempting a quiz to see what students experience.…To try this out, let's go to…the Administration block on the left-hand side.…We'll expand the Switch role to menu,…and we'll select Student.…Now you can view resources and participate in activities…just as the students would.…Note, you won't see anything you've hidden.…
You can take a quiz or submit an assignment…to make sure you've set up the activity correctly,…but the results will not be saved.…When you're finished investigating the environment…or whatever the student reported,…go back to the Administration block,…and click select Return to my normal role.…As a side note, you can also select this option…in the top-right corner,…where it says you're logged in as.…If you want, you can also switch your role…to non-editing teacher or even guest,…if you've enabled guest access.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.