Moodle allows you to switch roles when navigating the platform. This is a great feature because it allows you to switch to the role of the student and see if your course looks the way you want it to. In this video, learn how to switch the role you are using to view your Moodle course.
- [Instructor] One of my favorite features inside of Moodle … is the ability to switch roles … or to look at your course from the perspective of … say a student. … Now with recent versions of Moodle, … this is easier than ever. … The way I can do it is by going up to the dropdown menu … for my account. … So that's up here next to my name and image. … I can click on that dropdown menu … and at the bottom we have the option to switch role to … dot dot dot. … Now if I click on that, … it asks if we want to switch to the role … of a non-editing teacher, a student, or a guest. … In this case, I'm going to click on student. … And when I click here, … I can now see the course … from my perspective of one of my students. … If I scroll down, … this is what that dashboard looks like right now. … This will be really important later on … once we start to add activities, assignments, quizzes, … and other things. … It's important to take a look at your course … through the perspective of a student …
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.7
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.7
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.