Moodle allows you to switch roles when navigating the platform. This is a great feature because it allows you to switch to the role of the student and see if your course looks the way you want it to.
- [Instructor] One of my favorite features,…inside of Moodle, is the ability to…switch roles, or to look at your course…through the perspective of someone else.…For example, a student.…Now with recent versions of Moodle,…this is easier than ever.…The way I can do this is by navigating to the top right,…next to my profile picture.…I'll select this dropdown menu.…And at the bottom, I'm going to choose Switch role to.…From here I can choose what I want to see this as,…and I'm going to select a student.…So now I'm viewing my course…from the perspective of a student.…
Here is how your students will see your course.…This is important later on, when you…start to add activities, assignments,…quizzes and other things.…It's important to look at them…through the perspective of your students,…to make sure that it looks the way you want it to.…When I'm done I can go back up to the top.…And then go down to Return to my normal role.…So take advantage of this feature inside of Moodle,…and look at your course through the eyes of your students.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.