Moodle allows you to switch roles when navigating the platform. This is a great feature because it allows you to switch to the role of the student and see if your course looks the way you want it to.
- [Instructor] One of my favorite features inside of Moodle…is the ability to switch roles, or look at your course…through the perspective of say, a student.…Now in Moodle 3.2, they've made this easier than ever.…The way that I can do this is by going to the top right…and clicking on the dropdown menu next to my name.…From here, I simply go to the bottom…and click Switch role to,…and I can select whether I want to look at it…from the role of a teacher, a non-editing teacher,…a student, or a guest.…If I click Student here, I will now see…the course how students will see it.…
This is important later on when you start…to add activities, assignments, quizzes, and other things,…it's important to look at it…through the perspective of a student…to make sure it looks the way that you want it to.…Now, when I'm done, I can go back up to the top again…and go back to Return to my normal role.…So take advantage of this feature inside of Moodle…and look at your course through the eyes of your students.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.